LGA is a laboratory that is specialised in analysis and an expert in water treatment, LGA also provides legionella control and prevention services to major companies, organisations, municipal entities, and individuals.
Legionella is the bacteria that causes legionnaires disease, and is found in natural water. It can creep into water supply systems through natural surface water, and reach end-users through the distribution network.
When installations have been poorly designed and/or do not receive proper maintenance, nutrients of said bacteria can accumulate, encouraging its presence and multiplication.
Installations that have been identified as sources of infection that are at risk of breeding and spreading legionella include:
- Hot and cold sanitary water distribution systems.
- Cooling towers and evaporative condensers.
- Spas Jacuzzis.
- Humidifiers and industrial humidifier plants.
- Decorative fountains.
- Sprinkler systems.
- Water fire-fighting systems.
- Vehicle washing systems.
- And, in general, other devices that accumulate water and can produce aerosols.
LGA provides those responsible for building hygiene or installations at risk of spreading legionella with the services necessary to prevent and control legionella, and comply with current laws.
LGA can design an App that is coordinated with its data server so that they can properly manage the service.
LGA provides legionella prevention and control services, which include:
- Producing legionella prevention and control plans.
- Situation diagnostics.
- Initial and periodic risk evaluations.
- Producing and carrying out action programmes.
- Water treatment.
- Cleaning and disinfecting.
- Sampling and analytics.
- Periodic evaluations and action programme verification.
- Designing an App so that each client can manage the service provided.